Thursday, September 27, 2012

Lars: Danish Teak 3 Seat Couch


"I wanted so badly to lie down next to her on the couch, to wrap my arms around her and sleep. Not f*#k, like in those movies. Not even have sex. Just sleep together in the most innocent sense of the phrase. But I lacked the courage and she had a boyfriend and I was gawky and she was gorgeous and I was hopelessly boring and she was endlessly fascinating. So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane."             - Looking for Alaska by John Green.

I sat on this quote as they sat on this couch. I am glad they did not hook up on top of me. A sofa has dignity that most do not recognize. Please leave the lovemaking for the bedroom not the living room.


Though I would have to say that there is a certain longing for comfort that I can understand. I'm a couch after all, I'm supposed to give people a place to reflect upon. Or to stare blankly at a wall. The point is the soft cushions that embrace your ass. Without those, all is lost.




-Danish teak couch, 75" long (6'3")  26.5" tall,  26" wide
-All cushions have had foam replaced and covers washed
-Newly oiled
-New straps have been added in seats as well as new clips. 
-Seats are supported by a secondary wood frame, probably poplar or maple as it is very strong to hold the strapping. 
-"Made In Denmark" stamps all over.

 Status: SOLD

2 comments:

  1. We had one like this in the early '60s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this style. So simple and light, it just feels right!!

      Delete